During the production process, we often worry about what kind of hot runner nozzle to choose for the preform mold. For this reason, through investigation, we learned that the factors that affect the selection of the hot runner nozzle for the preform mold are: plastic raw materials, product quality, nozzle, Mold, cycle time, gate, runner, temperature controller, performance of injection molding machine, product design. When the enterprise has an accurate understanding and grasp of these, it can choose the appropriate hot runner nozzle for the preform mold.
1. Plastic raw materials: Different plastic raw materials have different processing variables, and those processing variables will affect the choice of the hot runner system.
2. Product weight: Products with different weights have completely different requirements for hot runners.
3. Nozzles: Nozzles can generally be distinguished by size, temperature distribution, physical properties, materials used (copper, steel, etc.), and the difficulty and price of maintenance.
4. Mold: What is the number of cavities? How is the nozzle distribution distance? What kind of material is processed? These are the mold elements related to the optional hot runner system.
5. Cycle cycle: Fast production cycle means higher requirements for nozzles. For example, nozzles need to transfer heat accurately and be durable.
6. Gate: For a point gate, in order to maintain a good heat balance in each molding cycle, the tip of the hot flow nozzle must have the function of melting the material and cooling the seal. The valve gate uses a mechanical method to seal the gate.
7. Runner: The use of the hot runner system avoids the production of material handles, which not only saves raw materials, but also saves the previous process of removing material handles by hand, manipulator or other methods.
8. Temperature control: Each nozzle must be connected with a relatively complex temperature controller.
9. The performance of the injection molding machine: it can install a mold of a given size, provide sufficient clamping force, operate according to the cycle time, plasticize enough materials, etc.
10. Product design: Generally speaking, we all know that the product design is completed first, but the molding is completed in the hot runner mold. In order to ensure a smooth product appearance and easy mold release at the end of molding, those factors must be considered in the structural design of the product.